What is LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress?
The LiteSpeed WordPress Plugin also known as LSCache is the fastest most robust caching plugin for any WordPress website. In addition to caching the Litespeed plugin is an all in one acceleration solution that can improve your page load speeds, improve your PageSpeed Insights score and more.
How do I install LiteSpeed?
You can install the LiteSpeed plugin by navigation to Plugins > Add New and searching for LiteSpeed, as seen below.
Press ‘Install now‘ and then ‘Activate’. That’s it you have successfully installed the LiteSpeed plugin for WordPress. If you have any other caching plugins installed we recommend deactivating them.
Alternatively you can download and install the plugin manually from here: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/
What features does LiteSpeed Cache have?
- Free QUIC.cloud CDN Cache
- Object Cache (Memcached/LSMCD/Redis)
- Image Optimisation (Lossless/Lossy/WebP)
- Minify inline CSS/JS
- Combine CSS/JS
- Automatically generate Critical CSS
- Lazyload images/iframes
- Multiple CDN support
- Load CSS/JS Asynchronously
- Browser Cache
- Database Cleaner and Optimiser
- PageSpeed score optimisation
- OPcode Cache
- HTTP/2 Push for CSS/JS (on web servers that support it)
- DNS Prefetch
- Cloudflare API
- Single Site and Multisite (Network) support
- Import/Export settings
- Basic/Advanced setting view
- Attractive, easy-to-understand interface
- WebP image format support
- Heartbeat control
Can I use LiteSpeed Cache on any WordPress site?
Yes however you are limited to the features listed above. To take advantage of all of LiteSpeed’s features such as the features listed below you will need to be hosted on a LiteSpeed enabled web hosting package such as our Cloud Hosting or our Managed VPS web hosting that runs on LiteSpeed web servers. This unlocks a wide range of additional features such as:
- Automatic page caching to greatly improve site performance
- Automatic purge of related pages based on certain events
- Private cache for logged-in users
- Caching of WordPress REST API calls
- Separate caching of desktop and mobile views
- Ability to schedule purge for specified URLs
- WooCommerce and bbPress support
- WordPress CLI
- API system for easy cache integration
- Exclude from cache by URI, Category, Tag, Cookie, User Agent
- Smart preload crawler with support for SEO-friendly sitemap
- Multiple crawlers for cache varies
- HTTP/2 & QUIC support*
- ESI (Edge Side Includes) support*
- Widgets and Shortcodes as ESI blocks*